1. Visa-free entry into and exit from Belarus at all border points (air and road), temporary stay on the territory of Belarus and transit through Russia shall be provided:
1.1. from 20 May to 10 July 2019 for all participants of the Games, WADA officials, foreign anti-doping experts, foreign volunteers, artists and performers, administrative and technical staff involved in the preparation and staging of the Games (the participants of the Games are athletes, team officials, technical officials and technical delegates, IOC management, GAISF management, officials and guests of the European Olympic Committees, national Olympic committees, international and European sports federations, heads of state and accompanying persons, ministers responsible for sports and accompanying persons, EOC sponsors, accredited foreign media);
1.2. from 10 June to 10 July 2019 for foreign tourists who are citizens of the states listed in the Appendix to the Order of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 8 d/d 9 January 2017 "On Visa-Free Entry and Exit for Foreign Citizens":
5. Antigua and Barbuda
10. Bosnia and Herzegovina
13. United Kingdom
27. Italian Republic
38. North Macedonia
45. The Netherlands
47. New Zealand
56. San Marino
57. Saudi Arabia
59. Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
63. United States of America
68. Czech Republic
72. El Salvador
2. For visa-free entry into and exit from Belarus, temporary stay on the territory of Belarus and transit through Russia:
- persons specified in clause 1.1 hereof shall present a valid document for travel abroad, registration in the Games accreditation system and an accreditation card;
- foreign tourists specified in clause 1.2 hereof shall present a valid document for travel abroad and the original paper or electronic ticket to the Games competitions and/or the Opening and/or Closing Ceremony.
3. Belarusian visas for the period of 10 June to 10 July 2019 will be issued for foreign tourists who are not specified in clauses 1.1 and 1.2 hereof and want to attend the Games competitions and/or the Opening and/or Closing Ceremony provided they have the original paper or electronic ticket to the events.
• Guests who require a visa should contact the Embassy or Consulate of the Republic of Belarus to apply for a visa. To apply for a visa, the following is required:
• visa application;
• original paper or electronic ticket;
• health insurance for at least EUR 10,000 valid in Belarus;
• visa fee.
To obtain the visa application form and information on the visa procedure, please go to the website of the corresponding embassy or consulate.
The contact details of the diplomatic missions and consular offices of Belarus are available at: http://belarusfacts.by/belembassy/.
Persons who enter Belarus to participate in sports competitions with a valid Belarusian visa via Russia are required to have a Russian transit visa (single or double-entry) and the original paper or electronic ticket to the events.
4. All previously introduced visa-free regimes and visa waiver bilateral agreements for citizens of certain states at all border points (road and air, except at the Belarusian-Russian border) that do not require the purchase of Games tickets in advance will be effective at the same time through the Order of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 292 d/d 24 July 2018:
1. Azerbaijan. 2. Armenia. 3. Argentina. 4. Brazil. 5. Venezuela. 6. Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. 7. Georgia. 8. Israel. 9. Kazakhstan. 10. Qatar. 11. China. 12. Cuba. 13. Kyrgyzstan. 14. Macao Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. 15. Moldova. 16. Mongolia. 17. United Arab Emirates. 18. Russia. 19. Serbia. 20. Tajikistan. 21. Turkey. 22. Uzbekistan. 23. Ukraine. 24. Ecuador.
The Order of the President of the Republic of Belarus No. 8 d/d 9 January 2017 "On Visa-Free Entry and Exit for Foreign Citizens" will apply for entries via Minsk National Airport on the terms specified in the order:
• the period of stay in Belarus shall not exceed 30 calendar days (including the arrival and departure days);
• arrival to and departure from Belarus shall be by international flight via Minsk National Airport (all flights except for flights arriving from or departing to Russia);
• the visitor must travel on an ordinary passport (diplomatic, service, special and other similar passports are not allowed).
• Funds: no less than EUR 25 (or an equivalent amount in US dollars or Belarusian roubles) for each day of stay;
• health insurance for at least EUR 10,000 valid in Belarus.
Tickets for the Games events for fans can be purchased upon arrival in Belarus.
Foreign citizens entering Belarus must state the exact purpose of entry and the chosen regime of stay at the border control.
5. A ticket to an event can be used for single entry into Belarus (transit through Russia included). Entry must be made no later than on the date of the event indicated on the ticket. The visitor shall exit Belarus, transit through Russia included, no later than 10 July 2019.
6. At pre-Games and Games time (20 May – 10 July 2019), the Agreement between the Government of Belarus and the Government of Russia on certain issues related to the entry of foreign citizens and stateless persons to international sports competitions d/d 29 May 2018 will be in place regulating the transit to Belarus through Russia.
Foreign citizens and stateless persons as specified in clause 1.1 hereof can enter, exit, stay in and transit through Russia from 20 May to 10 July 2019 without the need to apply for a Russian visa provided they have a valid ID, are registered in the Games accreditation system and have an accreditation card.
Foreign tourists as specified in clause 1.2 hereof can enter, exit, stay in and transit through Russia from 10 June to 10 July 2019 without the need to apply for a Russian visa provided they have a valid ID and the original paper or electronic ticket (provided they submitted information about their citizenship, ID (passport) series and number when purchasing the ticket).
Crossing the land border of Russia and Belarus in both directions is possible on the following international road and rail routes.
International Road Routes
International Railway Routes