Software and technical services for the 2019 European Games will be developed by Synesis sport
May 15 2018
Minsk European Games Operations Committee and Synesis Sport signed an agreement today on the International Forum on information and communications technologies TIBO-2018. It was the first contract signed for the 25th-anniversary of the ICT forum TIBO.
Under the terms of the contract, the developers of Synesis Sport will create software and hardware units for the 2nd European Games needs. They also will develop new official website minsk2019.by site and mobile applications.
– Being such a complex, functional, multi-sport event as the 2nd European Games are, it sets certain goals that might be achieved according to modern standards. It also involves the processes of coordination of the various departments and areas of work of MEGOC – explained the CEO of MEGOC George Katulin. – It includes, for example, transportation management, coordination of arrival and departure, the television broadcast. It should be done according to the rules of the relevant international federations. As you know, games will involve 15 competition venues and huge infrastructure serving them. All that rely on information technologies.
– It had never happened before that Belarusian companies created IT solutions for such large-scale sports events, – said the director of Synesis Sport Dmitry Shwedko. – Our offer was several times cheaper and more innovative than the main player in the market, that was organized such events for over 30 years. We have proposed a completely new system of management and organization, which after European games can be used for any type of event. It may be Olympic Games and other forums for hundreds of thousands of spectators.
The contract provides six services covering all aspects of the forthcoming Games:
- Timing and Scoring (in addition to the basic functionality, it includes support data transmission of the results for TV graphics, the service of drawing and qualification; service for supporting specialized social and sporting boards);
- Games’ management system consisting of 13 services (including accreditation; accommodation management; human resources management, arrivals, and departures management, etc.). The medical management service is going to be presented. It helps to find if necessary the nearest hospitals and pharmacies. All information tied to geolocation will bring together in one mobile application;
- Reprography (printing and copying materials at the Games’ locations);
- Organizing and ensuring the functioning of the central technical operations, including the main operating center, service on venue technologies;
- Ensuring the functioning of the Internet services.
- Programs and services for each of those aspects will be created by a separate team of developers and consultants who will create unique programs and systems, and also will integrate them with the existing development.
Group of companies Synesis was founded in 2007. It is a resident of Belarus High Technologies Park and the Russian Skolkovo Fund. The offices are located in Belarus, Russia, Canada, Ireland, and Cyprus. The company owns 12 patents and 20 programs in AI, Cloud and Big Data. Synesis Sport is a part of the company.
The company produces intelligent video surveillance systems, games, and messengers. It develops platforms based on AI technology, Biometric Technologies, Big Data, and Cloud. More than 100 million people worldwide use the company’s products every day.
Development center Synesis creates technologies for major international corporations, including the design of the Alfresco system, which is used by 11 million people – including the US Department of Defense, NASA, and CISCO. Employees were working on the creation of Viber, available in 30 languages on all mobile platforms, in cooperation with Playtika it developed the most popular slot game in Slotomania world.
Synesis created a platform of safe city KIPOD. The system recognizes faces and license plates, to distinguish objects and notifies you in case of hazardous situations. KIPOD works in Moscow and Minsk subway, the Main Office of the Russian Armed Forces, it is used by the Ministry of Defense, State Customs Committee and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Belarus and Azerbaijan. Artificial intelligence and KIPOD algorithms used in commercial networks, storage depots, and open pit mining.
Actively supporting and helping young companies, provides expertise and ready-made technologies. The portfolio of start-ups includes messenger Gem4me, social casino Gambino, marketplace for tennis Fitstarter.