The oldest surviving church in Minsk is located in a bustling part of the modern city — at the intersection of Nemiga Street and Pobediteley Avenue.
The construction of the Cathedral of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul began in 1611 on the left bank of Nemiga River and was completed by 1613. In the same year the male Orthodox monastery started working and an Orthodox school was opened four years later.
After the Second Partition of the Polish – Lithuanian Commonwealth, the monastery was dissolved. In 1795 the renovated church became Minsk Cathedral named after the Russian Empress Catherine the Great.
The Cathedral underwent thorough reconstruction in 1870 – 1871. After the Second World War, the building was divided into sections and four floors and adapted for housing, and later was used as an archive. In 1991 the building was returned to the church.
Nearest metro station: Nemiga
Address: 4 Rakovskaya St.
GPS: 53.904727, 27.5517009